Dunwoody, GA 30338
Erectile Dysfuction (ED) Treatment Atlanta
It’s estimated that erectile dysfunction (ED) affects more than 20 million men in the United States alone. The majority of those men are over 40 years old, but it can strike no matter what your age. Sometimes ED is an unfortunate side effect of a disease. For instance, men who have diabetes, decreased testosterone levels, high blood pressure, an enlarged prostate, or some other health conditions may get ED. Often times after prostate surgery men experience ED due to nerve damage or other trauma to the male body. Sometimes smoking, alcohol use, or certain medications can all cause ED. It can even be the result of everyday pressures such as stress, anxiety, or just nervousness. Fortunately, no matter what the cause, Erectile Dysfunction can be successfully treated.
While some men respond well to oral ED treatments such as Viagra© or Cialis©, others do not repond to these treatments or have uncomfortable or even dangerous side effects to these medications. In those cases custom compounded medications can often be used successfully to treat ED.
The injectable medications Alprostadil (prostaglandin E1), phentolamine, and/or papaverine are used individually or in combination. While an injectable ED medication may sound intimidating or even painful, the truth is, the treatment involves very little discomfort and is an easy and very effective way to treat ED.
Common ED Medication Preparations
- Alprostadil (PGE1): Available in a variety of premixed concentrations
- Triple Mix (aka Tri-Mix): A combination of Alprostadil (PGE1), Phentolamine & Papaverine
- Super Triple Mix: A highly concentrated version of the standard triple mix injection
- Bi-Mix: A combination of Phentolamine & Papaverine
- Papaverine: Typically available in a standard 30 mg/ml concentration
- Custom combinations & concentrations also available
Potential Causes of Erectile Dysfunction
- Diabetes – Causes nerve and artery damage which can make achieving an erection difficult.
- Kidney Disease – Causes chemical and hormonal changes which often lead to lover libido and sexual performance.
- Neurological Diseases – Damage to the normal functioning of the nerves and brain make it difficult to achieve and maintain an erection. Common examples include strokes, multiple sclerosis (MS), Alzheimer’s, and Parkinson’s disease.
- Vascular Disease – Account for up to 70% of all diagnosed ED causes due to restrictions in blood flow to the heart, brain, and penis.
Non-disease related causes of ED:
- Prostate or Bladder Surgery – damage or removal of nerves and tissue in the pelvic region can often cause physical desensitization in men.
- Injuries – Physical injuries to the pelvis, lower spinal column, bladder, and penis can cause long term blood flow or sensitivity problems.
- Hormonal Imbalances – Often associated with andropause in middle aged men, imbalances of the thyroid, prolactin, and testosterone can all negatively impact a man’s sexual virility.
- Venous Leak – Occurs when the veins in the penis are physically unable to stop the blood from flowing back out of the penis, making an erection impossible.
- Tobacco, Alcohol, or Drug Use – These substances have been clinically proven to damage blood vessels and restrict blood flow throughout the body, ultimately leading to erectile dysfunction.
- Prescription Drugs – Over 200 types of prescription drugs are known to cause ED.
- Prostate Enlargement – Recently implicated as being associated with ED, enlarged prostates may be causing restrictions in nerve and blood vessel function.
Dunwoody Pharmacy uses state of the art sterile IV equipment and our pharmacist Gary Meyer and Chuck Wilson has undergone extensive training in the preparation of sterile injectable medications involving erectile dysfunction treatment. Dunwoody Pharmacy can prepare these medications per your doctor’s prescription while you wait in the store.
For the privacy of our patients, all ED medications, treatments, and patient records are kept confidential and secure. For more information on our custom erectile dysfunction treatments and medications, please contact the pharmacy, at 770-455-1144.
Have any questions about our services? Send us an email and we'll be glad to help you.