Dunwoody Pharmacy Offers Personalized Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy
Millions of men and women, from every age and background, experience some form of hormone-related health condition during their lifetimes. For many people, help comes in the form of Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT).
There are many mass-produced hormone treatments on the market today. However, every woman’s body – and her individual hormonal makeup – is different, and each requires a unique balance of hormones. That’s why more women are turning to custom compounded BHRT from Dunwoody Pharmacy for their hormone replacement needs.
Dunwoody Pharmacy believes in natural hormones, or bio-Identical, which are sourced from plants. Precursor molecules from plants such as yam and soybean are readily processed into hormones such as progesterone, estradiol and testosterone. Our knowledgeable and fully licensed Pharmacists follow strict PCAB accredited guidelines to formulate specific hormones for each patient’s optimal health.
Dunwoody Pharmacy Custom-Compounded BHRT is Personalized Care
Dunwoody Pharmacy compounding pharmacists specialize in can compounding a customized BHRT solution to suit your specific hormonal needs. Working with you and your physician, our Compounding Pharmacist will assist in evaluating your serum or saliva tests and hormone evaluation worksheet, interpreting your results to personalize a course of treatment for you. With your doctor’s prescription in hand we prepare hormones in a variety of strengths and dosage forms, including:
- Sublingual drops or troches
- Gels and foams
- Topical Gels and Creams
- Vaginal creams (women)
How it Works - Women
Bio-identical hormones have the exact same chemical structure as human hormones. The body recognizes them and allows them to mimic the function of the hormones the body produces on its own. BHRT may be useful for relieving the symptoms of a variety of conditions common among women of all ages, including:
- Pre Menstrual Syndrome (PMS)
- Irregular Menstrual Cycle
- Hot Flashes
- Post-Partum Depression
- Decreased Libido
- Weight Gain
- Fibrocystic Breasts
- Vaginal Dryness
- Painful Sexual Intercourse
- Sleep Disturbances
- Weight Management Issues
- Night Sweats
How It Works – Men’s
The primary hormone in men is testosterone. As age increases, testosterone levels decline and can lead to a condition known as andropause or more commonly “low-T.” Testosterone deficiency may lead to decreased concentration, lethargy, loss of libido, erectile dysfunction, and depression among other side effects. There are several effective products that exist on the commercial market to help with symptom management. However, if your “Low-T” treatment is not a good fit, our compounding pharmacist can work with your doctor to create a testosterone formulation for you. And, Dunwoody is proud to use AtrevisTM Hydrogel from PCCA. AtrevisTM provides great absorption, potentially reducing the testosterone dosage needed for optimal health and the potential associated side effects.
Please note, serious side effects have been reported with testosterone including the following:
- Blood clots in the legs or lungs. Contact your healthcare provider if you notice pain or swelling in the legs, redness of the legs, difficulty breathing, or chest pain.
- Possible increased risk of heart attack. Seek immediate medical attention if you experience symptoms of a heart attack. Symptoms include:
- chest pain
- feeling of pressure in the chest
- shortness of breath
- discomfort in the neck, back, shoulder, or arms
- dizziness or lightheadedness
- Possible increased risk of stroke. Seek immediate medical attention if you experience symptoms of a stroke. Symptoms include:
- sudden numbness or weakness on one side of the body (can be in the face, arm or leg)
- sudden confusion
- difficulty speaking
- sudden change in vision
- sudden trouble walking (may experience loss of balance or coordination).
- Possible increased risk of prostate cancer. Your healthcare provider will check for prostate cancer before and during treatment with testosterone.
- Edema with or without heart failure. Contact your healthcare provider if you notice swelling of your ankles, feet, or body.
This is not a complete list of testosterone serious side effects. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Dunwoody Pharmacy a Part of Your BHRT Care Team
Your Dunwoody Pharmacy compounding pharmacist is a valuable member of your BHRT care team, working by your side to formulate the best treatment for your individual needs. And you can count on your pharmacist to stay with you, monitoring your treatment and helping you make any necessary adjustments. So contact Atlanta’s leading Hormone Replacement Therapy Specialist now…we’re eager to begin that personalized-care relationship today.
Some Helpful Links (1)
(1) Dunwoody Pharmacy is grateful to work with multiple physicians and offices in the greater Atlanta area. Listed offices are for informational resource purpose only, appear in no particular order, and do not represent all potential clinics that offer healthcare services.