Medicating Your Pet: A Daily Struggle
Of all the time we spend with our beloved pets, medication time is among our least favorite. You can be almost positive that your pet shares this opinion. We specialize in compounded medications for many household pets, for a variety of reasons, such as weight management, pain relief, and dermatology and skin care conditions.
Veterinary Compounding: Reducing the Stress of Medication Time
Medicating your dog or cat is often a physical struggle that if done incorrectly, may traumatize the animal, and may lead to bites and scratches on your arm! Additionally, some commercially available medicines may not be appropriate for your individual pet.
Dunwoody Pharmacy’s custom medication compounding allows you to give your pet the exact dose they need, in a dosage form that works best for you and your pet. Of course we do tasty treats, but, if that doesn’t work, let us prepare a meat-flavored liquid, or maybe a topical solution that can be rubbed on the membranes of the ear. We can even prepare meat-flavored pastes that can be placed on the foreleg that are ingested as your pet grooms.
Sample of Veterinary Compounds
Dunwoody Pharmacy provides a wide range of Veterinary Compounds for issues such as: seizures, behavioral issues, digestion, urinary incontinence, diabetes, herpes virus infection, infections and many more.
- Cyclosporin or Tacrolimus Dry Eye ophthalmic solution
- Methimazole Topical Cream or Oral Suspension
- Potassium bromide
- Gabapentin liquid which is xylitol free
- Chew tabs and capsules
- And many more
- Various Nausea/Blood Pressure/Cardiac/Cancer/Mood Disorder medications in topical or oral suspension or capsules
And don’t forget those exotic animals, we’re here to help. Dunwoody Pharmacy is eager to provide the ideal solution for the pet medication dilemmas you face every day. Ask your veterinarian if compounding medication is right for your pet, or give us a call. We can help make your pet healthier and your life a little easier.
Some Helpful Links
(1) Dunwoody Pharmacy is grateful to work with multiple physicians and offices in the greater Atlanta area. Listed offices are for informational resource purpose only, appear in no particular order, and do not represent all potential clinics that offer healthcare services.